Tuesday, October 27, 2015

HYPNOS 69 - Opening the Floodgates!

Legacy of Hypnos 69
Prog-sphere.com
Interview by Nikola Savic

Nick: I have to say that you did hell of a good job with the new album and I find it interesting in every way. How is it when the time comes to create something new? Is there more focused creative energy in the writing process or are you always surrounded by inspiration?


Steve: Inspiration is a difficult issue. Ideas are something so fragile, that they easily tend to get lost or forgotten, because at the time you have them, you’re either not able to record them or write them down, or don’t seem to be interesting enough at a certain point. I try to collect as much ideas as possible and keep them somewhere safe, so when the time comes to write, I am prepared. I always take my time to write. I lock myself in a room with my piano and guitar, and don’t do anything else until I have worked something out. This is the basic structure, chords and melodies, which later on when I present it to the rest of the band, can be altered in various ways. And this is what makes the sound of Hypnos 69.


Nick: How would you describe Hypnos 69’s music on your own? I do not ask for generic labels. If there’s a word that fits well to your music, what that would be?


Steve: ‘Musical allegories’. The music embodies the initial meaning of the songs.

Nick: What have you been listening to recently?



Steve: Been listening a lot to Bach’s ‘Mattheus Passion’, I like the new Joanna Newsom triple album and I have Pentagram’s ‘First Daze Here’ in the CD-player.

Read the interview in it's entirety at: http://www.hypnos69.com/