Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Robbery .. ? Music rights .. ? WTF?

Okay... just a thought.  I posted a movie on YouTube that I produced, that had music from well over 70 years ago, music from a German copyright way back when, which is not covered by copyright changes in the American copyright law.... (in other words, no one actually could own the rights legalistically speaking) however, that movie was pulled from YouTube for copyright conflict, due to an English company that claimed rights (although they don't actually own the rights)  Okay, I adore what YouTube has done for the regular dude in promotion and all, but, my movie was pulled even though the copyright laws no longer applied, where as you can hear so many full albums from bands where it is more than obvious that copyrights are in place, yet, with millions of hits, it seems YouTube is missing the fine points of vigilance.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjT7DSslP5wEct...(I could go on, I found multitudes of bands, Doors, Yes, King Crismson, blah, blah, blah..., I hope my point is made- what's going on here..?  (hell I'm not even a fan of Phil Collins and I'm just saying...) 

= LEE