Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MARINA KESLER - Return

Singing has always been my passion. I have now been inspired to create my own songs, writing music to the poetry of my Russian compatriots here in the United States. I was born in the Black Sea port of Odessa in the Ukraine. Odessa is a city of many musical traditions and a conglomeration of cultures. I cannot help but feel the tug of these traditions whenever I sing. Now my home is in Los Angeles, California. Just like Odessa, it’s a multicultural city, and my creativity is infused by its varied musical influences.

RETURN is my second CD, and what makes it so special is that it marks my progression as a performer and as a human being. My heart has grown and matured, enriched by extraordinary life experiences and people. Now I am singing opera, along with standards from the American stage as well as the songs I have written. Whatever the musical style, I am an instrument to express the melodic and poetic context of a song or an aria, and to convey its rich emotions.

The songs I share with you come from the deepest place in my heart. And if I have succeeded in bringing out their true beauty and meaning, then I am happy (as compiled from Ms. Kesler‘s website).

Read more (and listen): www.cdbaby.com/cd/marinakesler