Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TANADRA - Hell and Back!


Spoken in her own words:

My self-titled alternative/hard rock EP is about not being afraid to speak your mind. Trust me, I'm NOT afraid to speak my mind or express myself openly, even to the point of vulnerability. I have been through HELL and back! What shapes the very essence of this album is my personality and life experiences. I'll tell you one thing, the songs will get you PUMPED UP, PISSED OFF, BROKEN UP, TURNED ON, and TORN DOWN. In other words, we can all relate to the F***in' message, so much you might even think the EP is about you!


I was always a distinctive kid growing up in a small New Jersey town, and was never one to be lost in a crowd or a follower. My influences are Guns-N-Roses, Tina Turner, Led Zeppelin, Alanis Morissette, U2, David Bowie, Joan Jett. I wrote my first song when I was 12 years old titled "Who Cares." It was about those people who were just haters and always trying to put me down 'cause I was different. Life can teach you so much at such an early age, forcing you to realize talents and abilities that have always been there but just needed to be unleashed. Sometimes life just does that to you!!!


I can honestly say that for me the songs on this EP are timeless because they speak to such emotional times of my life, of all our lives really. I didn't begin writing intending the songs to be that way . . . I mean shit, you just can't do something like that . . . but it certainly feels like that's what I've accomplished!

Read more about Tanadra: http://www.tanadra.com/

A chick with rock attitude....we like that here at Pluto radio!  SK