Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WHAT THE PROVERBIAL " F " IS PLUTO RADIO?

SEVERAL QUOTES FOR THE PROGRAMING DIRECTOR AT PLUTO RADIO.

"I am neither rebel nor visionary, rather, I am a simple, non-conforming peg in the circle and square pegboard that comprises the contemporary American landscape. Often, I have felt like a great lost ghost on this planet.., both overlooked and unheard. So when I was approached by Pluto Radio to assist in the development of the musical programing here at the station I felt compelled to shine a brilliant neon light on behalf of the multitude of the unsung, unknown voices yearning to be heard.... Therefore, I share the music and songs of these many talented players who struggle to rise above the din of the ordinary happy noise of the day. It's my opinion that these unappreciated creative beasts deserve success as much as anyone - so open your gawddamn ears and give 'em a listen!"

"Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones don't need our help with being heard, so fuck 'em, we'll let everyone else play the already famous and just bang out our own brand of noise."

(From an email to a friend) "With that said..., I'm putting together an eclectic music show with an alternative rock, alternative country, prog, trip hop, blues and electric hippie thing going on. I would love to use any of your music. Would that be okay? I expect a very small following. It's a non commercial, free form style of programing with a bit of weirdness and fun thrown in... No intention of being socially relevant, just want to show the talents of those who aren't being considered within mainstream thought. Jump in brother and let's see where it all goes."

- Lee Crisman