Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ben Foster

I started writing and performing acoustically after the collapse of an old band and the difficulties in starting up a new one. I generally play a lot of quite laid back, folk rock stuff with a lot of influences from singer-songwriters from the 60's and 70's; Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Tom Waits in particular. I like to build music out of simple chords and then working them until something sounds alright, and I do like to through in some harmonica here and there when it takes my fancy. I'm a little bit of a country bum in a way, having lived in a small village in Oxfordshire most of my life, and I feel this influences how I write, slowing down my pace a little. I am currently recording fairly often whilst looking for plenty of gigs in the coming months...as compiled on the bands website)

Read more:  www.myspace.com/benfoster