Friday, April 4, 2014

Lee Negin : : : new release

Complete info at http://leenegin.com/

New Album Release May 2014
新しいCDリリース
新CD發行!
Neue CD-Release!
नई सीडी रिलीज!
ซีดีรุ่นใหม่!
Nouveaux CD!
Taking Pre-Orders Now

You are cordially invited to help save an endangered species—soon to become extinct: the recording artist (in particular, me). Just as ‘video killed the radio star,’ Internet has all but killed the recording artist and high fidelity audio. Between illegal downloading, streaming, piracy, the decline in CD sales, Youtube and other free sites like soundcloud, revenue can only be generated by playing ‘live.’ Recording artists-- especially independent ones-- and the album as an art form are becoming extinct. With MP-3s and streaming (and the ubiquitous ‘earbuds’) high quality audio is no longer deemed important.

I am soliciting Pre-orders for my forthcoming CD, a limited pressing to be released sometime in May. To help to defray the costs of having the CD replicated and professionally mastered, and the cover designed, I am taking pre-orders. I contemplated ‘crowd funding,’ but in order to be successful one needs a crowd, and the whole business makes me rather queasy. I am independent, and I fund my musical projects 100% (with the help of credit cards). Visa loves me.

The CD is a collection of 15 tracks, part of an ‘opera’ I have been toying with for a few years. It is an album, NOT a collection of singles. The material is a potpourri of musical styles, including: techno-pop/funk, ambient, jazz, experimental, electronica, classical, world, psychedelic, rock, etc. (my usual mélange). The tracks were recorded, produced and mixed by me in my studio, and I have been fortunate to obtain the services of one of the leading mastering engineers in the world, Pete Maher in London. Pete has mastered, among others, U2, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, Patti Smith, The Rolling Stones, etc. High quality audio is of paramount importance. I have also hooked up with an up-and-coming Korean illustrator/cartoonist, Juyong Lee, who will create the cover art.
https://www.facebook.com/donjuyong
http://www.juyongcomix.com